The world-class testing facility
To compliment laboratory testing or feed into Engineering analysis, Rockatek can coordinate on-site or in-service field testing with a broad range of data acquisition equipment and services. Take a look through our current test equipment.
a large load frame capable of applying loads up to 10 Mega Newtons for large components and systems.
- 10 Mega Newton Load capability.
- Load test rig capable of testing combined loading conditions of tension / compression,
torsion and bending.
- Component size limitations – 12m length and 1100mm width.
The Rockatek 10M rig is one of our flagship test rigs: a large load frame capable of applying loads up to 10 Mega Newtons for large components and systems (up to 20m in length). We have conducted tests on complete downhole drilling tools, large rotating axels and heavy industrial structures.
Air Cooled EM shaker
vibration, shock and Oil and Gas download dynamics testing.
- Maximum force 1.8kN.
- Useful frequency range 5Hz – 5kHz.
- Up to 148g.
Elastomer Tension Test Rig
designed to provide a way of evaluating the performance of elastomeric materials.
- Test rig capable of coupon tension testing up to 220°C and 30kpsi (2050 bar).
- ASTM D412 Type D test specimen.
- Adjustable maximum strain and variable strain rate.
- Test capability – Extension to failure, Tear strength, Critical flaw size, Adhesion,
Fatigue and Ageing.
- Instrumented for – Pressure, Temperature, Cycle count, Time and Strain.
TR1 Torsion Resonance Rig - High Frequency Torsional Oscillations.
- Torsional Frequency 100Hz.
- Continual rpm up to 200rpm.
- HFTO of up to 200Hz to medium sized test pieces and assemblies.
Rotary Seal Test Rig
the test rig can simulate various mechanical seals under different operating conditions.
- Max temperature 150°C, max differential pressure 2000psi (140bar).
- Max bore diameter 195mm, replaceable carriers for multiple gland sizes.
- Max continuous rotation speed 300rpm.
- Multiple chambers to permit testing with multiple fluids.
- Concentric operation or variable eccentric extrusion gaps permissible.
- Closed loop control for accurate pressure/temperature/rpm profiles.
Rotating Bending Testing
a fatigue test that allows to evaluate the resistance of the wheel exploiting a rotating bending moment obtained through a rotating unbalanced mass.
- Cylindrical components up to 350mm OD.
- Maximum length 12m in basic rig (extension modules permit more).
- Up to 12 tons typical side load at multiple locations.
- Variable boundary conditions via hexapod supports.
- 50kW electrical motor or 400kW hydraulic power.
Tension Compression Testing
carried out using a hydraulic press, equipped with a load cell, used to monitor axial stress.
- Tension / compression load capability - 20kN to 10MN.
- Control – Manual or automated.
torsion is the twisting of an object due to an applied torque
- Fully reversed torque up to 120kNm.
- Manual or automated control.
- Specimen length from 2m to 12m.